Wednesday 22 December 2021

Rude awakening

This evening, I woke up in my backup clone, with no recollection of the past two days. At first it didn't dawn on me that I had lost two days, I thought something had gone wrong while making a backup clone in preparation for my trip to Bersyrim.

The technicians and medic explained to me that nothing had gone wrong, on the contrary, everything had worked perfectly, and I had been gone for two, almost three days. 

There can be only one conclusion: I have died.

I am glad I keep a logbook, it is proving its usefulness now to reconstruct the previous days. This led me to believe it must have been something I ate at this restaurant or pub I was going to, The Four Stomachs. I do react very badly to spicy food, but I've never died from it before.

I contacted the authorities on Odra and notified them of my death. 

I contacted the authorities on Odra a second time after they hung up on me the first time, thinking it was a prank. They don't deal with capsuleers often.

They had not received any reports of a dead capsuleer, but would look into it and send someone to my hotel. To be honest, I think I've only been dead for an hour or so. The officer got a bit nervous when I mentioned I was going to The Four Stomachs to dine with the store manager of Tacky Parts. Perhaps this restaurant has a reputation of kitchen hygiene problems that the police officer is not allowed to tell about due to privacy regulations. But they were going to look into that as well.

Meanwhile I think I'll take the interbus to go back there, the Indigatrix II is still docked in Bersyrim.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.