Tuesday 18 October 2022

The price of rare items

The fundraiser held last Saturday had a rare item for auction, a signed first edition of the Peace of the Two Swords, in which our beloved Empress lays out her doctrine. It would have been a nice item for our library, but I grossly underestimated the value of such items.

One and a half billion isk.

I considered if I could ever loan that amount (and pay it back if I got a loan that big). Probably not. I am keeping my funds to a minimum in accordance with my vow of poverty - to keep only what I need for my quest. So, prize money and other additional income goes into the skillbook fund, which is fairly well used, even new members are aware of it. 

But perhaps I should rethink my strategy. If I am to obtain relics by buying them from wealthy collectors, I should start a special fund for that too: the relic buyback fund. Just like the skillbook fund, I should open this us to all our corp members, in case they encounter a relic and want to bring it back to the empire. I'll have to emphasize they cannot keep the item, but should return it to the theology council in Amarr...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.