Sunday 21 March 2021

Confessions

Confession is recognizing one's sin with contrition and with the intent of returning to God. 

I took two confessions yesterday. 

The first was from Ishta, she confessed to horrible sins committed when she was held by the Angel Cartel. The cartel performed a raid on the monastery of His Holy Peace on Chaneya VII. She got into a murderous rage. She showed me footage, a nightmare. The anger that is always lurking in her took over and possessed her like a demon. She thinks she needs this anger for her job. I think she needs another job. She seemed to need to confront herself, to get catharsis by going back o the place, and I agreed to accompany her there. However horrible her past, I am glad she starts to talk about it and to confront it, and I hope this will help her give it a place where it cannot harm her again.

The second one took me by surprise, and I'm not sure there was contrition. Two weeks ago, Nauplius came to SFRIM to apply for membership. During the interview, he mentioned that there are witches in our ranks, I remember being particularly disturbed by that accusation. Now, Aria came to visit me in the library. She told me that she had been impersonating a witch in order to trick Nauplius and make him stop his mass human sacrifices. The intent was good, and however weirdly convoluted, the plan seemed to work for a while. But the means... impersonating witches is a clear danger to the soul. Play-acting that you are the devil is an incantation that opens the door for the real devil's evil influence and for his whispers to enter the mind. And it left a stain on the reputation of Aria and of the corporation. Lunarisse was around to confirm the strange story, she seemed to be pragmatic about it and to approve. Aria is not of our faith, and did not seek to do penance, but I will pray that he is kept safe.

Post Scriptum - It seems I had some sort of promotion yesterday within the ranks of the corporation. Or maybe my trial period ended and I got approved. Lunarisse gave me a blessing - that felt good. I haven't received one since I parted with my dear Abbot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.