Saturday 19 February 2022

A few uneventful days

This past week was rather slow after the Auction, and filled with tedious jobs, for the library and for the chapel. I do not complain: sometimes it's good to have a relatively uneventful few days.

That being said, I did have the pleasure of welcoming Yun-Hee at the Lamp. She's not a member of our corporation yet I think, but Lunarisse allows her to use the Lamp's quarters. She dropped by the library to explore this public part of the Lamp, and made friends with Mittens. I'm glad to have her around.

Ishta came to the chapel, she wanted to repair the altar after she had pinned down a sedevacantist on it. I let her try her woodworking skills on a spot on the side first, and initially it looked like the colour of the filling didn't quite match the rest. But now that it has had some time to dry and cure, it looks very good. I'll ask her fix the top as well now, if she still wants. It's nice of her to do this, and not obvious for her: because of her past, she does not have pleasant memories of altars...

Amra is allowed out of the medbay now for short periods of time, to do sports and relax in the bar. It must be that she's progressing well in her healing and I am glad for that. I must talk to Lord Anderson, I've come to see that his carnal relation with Amra might be sinful, given his position of power over her.

The Lamp underwent "sonic cleaning", whatever that may be. We had to stay out of it for an hour or so and I was very worried about the ancient books and artefacts in the library. Probably this is to take care of the rats - since we moved here the station rats started to explore the new structure that the Lamp represents for them.

I've noticed Aria seems a bit under stress. The whole thing with Amra, first in the chapel and then in the medbay... Then the subdeacon going nuts. And then the rats. I think she takes it all too personally, and sees this as failures of security, but I don't think anyone could do much about any of it. You just can't control everything... And especially not human error, such as a guard that gets infatuated with his prisoner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.