Saturday 12 August 2023

A cursed tomb

I have been contacted by an archeologist student from the State, Mitsiro Nakubara. His thesis promotor stumbled on an ancient Yan Jung ruin, and was leading an international team to survey it, but Mitsiro thinks it is a "cursed tomb". Some of those that ventured inside died under various mysterious circumstances. Mitsiro's supervisor became ill as he was studying the tomb - he was feeling flu-like symptoms and then suddenly died of a heart attack.

Another senior researcher took over the task of mapping out the tomb and studying the paintings on its wall, but he died in a traffic accident just two days later.

A digger - a local hired to remove the sand or dirt on the tomb - fell to his death from the scaffolding around the tomb.

These events, taken together, have caused enough of a stir that the other locals refuse to continue to clear the site. Mitsiro knows I am also interested in archeology, and moreover I am a capsuleer. If I should die of some curse, I reclone... 

He asked for my help, and I must admit I am intrigued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.