Sunday 29 November 2020

Emperor Family Academy station in Amarr

Today was my first visit to the Emperor Family Academy station in orbit around Oris. What a glorious sight! A monument unrivaled in beauty! This station is gigantic. What a center of trade! The skies were black with ships coming and leaving. For the first time I beheld immense Titan ships. Not one but four of them are anchored outside the station. I wept and prayed and praised God.

After my years of seclusion, all this was just too overwhelming.

Once docked safely in the labyrinthine hangar bays, I left the ship and looked for merchants. However, I could not mentally handle the sheer amount of traffic and people, the constant buzz of activity, the mix of obnoxious odors, the relentless droning of advertisements. It came to a point that I had difficulties simply walking around. Everyone seemed to bump into me, and I seemed to always stand in the way of someone who is already late to get somewhere else urgently. Even the chapels are too noisy to find peace of mind.

The markets are even more challenging. I was drenched in flashing lights, explosive soundbursts, yelling, and aggressivity. I have come here to equip my exploration vessel, a Magnate class frigate that I baptized the “Indagatrix”. I needed drones, scanners, damage control units, salvage equipment, probes. It took me a lot of effort to navigate these markets and probably I have been ripped off, but I have acquired all I needed. 

To my surprise, the equipment appears to work as advertised.

I will head off to the Gamdis system. But first I yearn to spend some time in a sensory deprivation unit so my mind can rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.