Tuesday 16 February 2021

Ruin of a Takmahl mining station

I am in Jakri, and I am examining the ruin of a small mining outpost I found. Its construction and hull composition are distinctly Takmahl, late apogee era. There is a big hole in the side of the outpost, caused by an explosion that came from the interior. It must have led to a quick and fatal loss of atmosphere. The outpost clearly has been abandoned after that disaster. 
 
Unfortunately, as is usual in this constellation, the site has been looted long ago and at first sight there was nothing left. Everything has been dismantled and taken, down to the panels lining the rooms. The Takmahl had avanced materials science and even their construction materials sell well.

I took my time to scan down the complex. I like to look for geometrical patterns and symbolism in architecture, in the layout of the rooms, the floor plans. For that purpose, even fully looted outposts can still reveal much. To my surprise, scanners detected a dark spot in the middle of the complex. It was not a good place for service ducts and it was too large just to be ignored. It looked such like a waste of space if nothing would be there, and I suspected a hidden compartment.
 
I started drilling towards it, and when the drill probe got closer, it could scan a room of about 3x3x2 meters, surrounded my strong armor. Ah, the excitement! Unfortunately, the drill probe can't get through the Takmahl armor.

I have to go to a station to buy a heavy laser drill to get to the compartment. I don't want to leave this site unprotected - my excavation towards the compartment will be a clue to looters - but I have to, if I want to unlock the secrets of that room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.