Sunday 11 September 2022

Brotherly love

I've been working on my documentary project about friendship and brotherhood/sisterhood, but the more I'm looking into it, the more I am overcome with a feeling of sadness.

With tensions building up once again in the cluster, we seem to forget that all are part of one large human family. The hope to work together towards justice and peace, kindled by Heideran VII, fades once again. It is, certainly amongst capsuleers, replaced by a complacent cynicism and indifference for others' well-being. The chasm deepens between the obsession for our personal satisfactions and the potential of happiness shared by the entire human family.

The discussions on the InterGalactic Summit are a sobering testimony this entrenchment of national and personal identities...

I should emphasize connectedness and meeting other cultures more in my ministry. Beginning with Heir-Lord Moradian, whom I'll encourage to keep in touch with his Gallente past rather than quench it in favor of a overly traditional Amarrian stance, taken on to compensate what is wrongly percieved as weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.