Wednesday 28 December 2022

Interruption

The preparations for the expedition to Zimse and Aphi are on hold for the moment, as Gottin's Lamp is about to move back from Nasreri to its earlier home.

I almost forgot to fret about the library! Or perhaps it is because I already witnessed one move that I have now more confidence in it. The most precious items have been packed well in advance and already moved piecemeal. The bulk of the collection will move along with the Lamp itself. 

This time, I worry a bit more about the chapel. It's been handled by expert craftsmen, like before. But its all-wooden structure needs disassembling and reassembling, and this always comes with additional wear and stresses for the wooden boards and planks. 

My own quarters are easy to move, I travel through life without much material possessions and do not have much things to pack. As for the stuff piling up in my hangar: that's mostly unsorted junk collected on previous expeditions that I was intending to get rid of anyway. There's a company called "Highsec Buyback" that you can ask to come collect all your hangar junk and they'll even offer you some isk for that. Good riddance mechanical parts and broken shield emitters.

Then there's of course Mittens. For the moment she stays on the Indagatrix, I'll bring her over to a cat hotel at our new home, while the Lamp is being moved. That's because I do not feel at ease to keep her on the Indagatrix in case we get attacked by gankers or pirates - I do not want to put her life at risk. I do realize with some degree of guilt how inconsiderate this feeling is towards my crew, but then again they signed up for the job knowing the dangers, Mittens did not...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.