It has been a very busy period - the culmination of our efforts for the Blessed Exchange coinciding with the jubilee celebration.
The prize contest for artwork celebrating the Empress has seen amazing submissions, and the outcome was quite close as these works all received high marks by the jury members. Lady deSilvestris' icon of the Empress took first place, with a close second being Haapsalu's portrait of the Empress crowned by the metaphors symbolizing achievements during her reign. Paladin Kley's poster and Oleo Especial's poster complete the list of most praiseworthy entries.
Some confusion -or is it willful heresy?- still appears to live among a few pilots who refuse to accept the demise of Empress Jamyl I. Probably witnessing the brutal attack of the Drifters caused a lasting trauma. Personally, I also blame some galnet pages -even official concord ones- that seem frozen in time a decade ago...
But let these few wayward artists not mar the joy and pride we get from the valid submissions to the contest. I do hope we can borrow the Icon of the Empress with the Two Swords to display it in the chapel here in Mehatoor at least for some time, but I bet father Mikhail on Nakri will not part with it easily. I am sure it will be the pride of House deSilvestris' own family chapel.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.